Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Recovery Days

Last Friday was the Harbortown 5k and I was very happy to run less
than a 30 minutes 5k again. Saturday I took off as a recovery day.
Sunday I went for a mountain bike ride with my friend, Bill. After a
lap of the TDW we did a nice easy loop of the Wolf River Trails and
then found a 'shortcut' back home for a total of almost 23 miles.

It had been a while since I'd ridden 20+ miles so my Monday morning
easy 3 mile running turned into a very tough 2.5. I probably need to
take it a wee bit easier on my 'recovery' days.

I do feel like my leg muscle recovery tool, "The Stick" has helped and
will continue to help even more as I started running longer distances.
I bought the travel version so I can just throw it in my suitcase and
take it with me to work.

I felt like running today so I mapped out a pretty flat, easy 3 mile
route near our hotel in Indianapolis. I did a 2/1 run/walk for
36mins18secs at an average of 12:06. I was shooting for 12:30 per mile
so I'm glad that I felt ok to do a 12:06avg.

I also just finished an ice foot bath, which I've been doing for both
feet after every run. After a while I'll go jump into the hot tub for
a while then try to get to bed early. Ah, the perks of staying at
hotels with a pool and hot tub. Gotta get up at 4am though, blah!

1 comment:

  1. got to love those recovery runs. Congrats on your 5k. well done

    ReplyDelete