Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time to slow back a bit

I've ran several 5ks every week for a few weeks and ran my first
speedwork workout yesterday in Raleigh-Durham.

The speedwork was a warmup, 3x800m with 400m jogs and then a cooldown.
I felt great throughout. Today is a different story. I have had a
little bit of pain on and around my left inside ankle. This doesn't
feel like the same pain associated with my tendinitis. I am supposed
to run an easy 2 miles tonight, again in Raleigh but I think that I'm
gonna skip the run. Maybe go out for a 1 mile walk to stretch my legs
and if I feel like more I'll walk a bit more.

Once I start feeling good with my runs I want to run farther and
farther, usually too soon after an injury. It's very, very hard to not
run. Even though I want to run nearly every day, but my body says
"Whoa, I don't think so."

Guess I have to start listening to my body and stop listening to what
my brain wants to do.

1 comment:

  1. A little R&R is good. You deserve it!
    I have sworn off 5K's in the Memphis heat. However, a friend just expressed an interest in walking the Firecracker 5K. Uh oh...

    ReplyDelete