Thursday, May 14, 2009

Feeling Better? Shoppin' for shoes.

We enjoyed the zoo yesterday. Walked around a lot, no running. My foot and arch felt fine when we got home and even when I went for a walk with Stacie, Piper and even Esther and Mabel (our dogs).

This morning was a different story. I got up early as usual and helped Piper get ready for school. After she was ready I got my gym bag and workout clothes together and planned on going to the gym and working on legs today. However, right behind my left ankle I started to feel a burning spot or burning pain. I only felt it twice. I took Piper to school and then came home and iced my left ankle. The pain never returned but I did notice a big squiggly vein that I don't remember noticing before. It sort of went down with the ice and never appeared again. I kinda thought maybe it was a tendon or something that was loose. But it can't be., or at least I hope that it isn't.

I decided to take it easy and instead of going to the gym I spent a while researching motion control shoes online. I found a few NB, Asics and Sauconys I liked. I called the only 3 specialty running stores in town and asked if they had any of them. Only the NB store had the NB's. Thank you Stacie for helping me. I also got rid of all of my shoes that have no support like flat flip flops and my slip on Timberland work boots. I have a nice pair of over the ankle combat boot type boots that I will wear to work and a pair of Birkenstock type shoes to wear around the house or outside.

I feel pretty confidant that eliminating those poorly supportive shoes and getting a new pair of running shoes as well as wearing the orthotics the podiatrist gave me that I have seen the end of this problem and I can continue my training towards completing my first marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment