Thursday, May 21, 2009

Zoom thru the Zoo? Nope.



Piper and I went to the Zoo around 1pm today. That was too early. I brought with us food and drinks to have a late lunch then hang around until the Zoom thru the Zoo began. I was planning on doing the 1 mile family fun run with Piper. Well , around 2pm she was acting silly and uncooperative, meaning it was time for a nap. We drove home and on the way home she fell asleep. She slept until 5:30p. By then Stacie was home from taking care of Sandra's cats and too late to wake Piper up to go back to the zoo.

So....

Stacie and Piper went next door and hung out with Erika while I went for a short, easy run. I ran 2 miles, an out and back route that goes uphill from the start and returns downhill. I tried using Jeff Galloway's run-walk-run technique. It worked out ok and was probably best since I haven't run in a while. I set my watch to 2 min run, 1 min walk intervals. I arrived at the 1 mile checkpoint at 12:30. I turned around and headed back home to finish at 25 minutes.

My feet and ankles felt fine except for a little stiffness under my arches. I have the new orthotics and the new Asics 2140's so it'll probably take a few runs to get used to them.

If I feel good tomorrow I'll try to get out for another easy run, maybe the 2.5 mile loop. I also, need to look for a new watch. This broken start/lap button is impossible to push down now. Maybe Piper and I will go watch shoppin' tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment